Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Longest Hour

I rode the longest hour today - 60 minutes on the mag trainer in the basement. Averaged 144 BPM on the heart rate monitor, with a max of 160. Not too bad for the first day of riding the trainer this winter. I Guess I am paying for not really doing anything on the bike since November. It was pretty cold in the basement, probably inthe 50's (but then again the high was -2 outside today).

Going to start working on core strength too, exercising on the ball to help increase my endurance.

Time to build some more playlists for the iPod. Tomorrow is another day with the trainer!

1 comment:

JT said...

I had a big debate between buying a trainer or exercise bike. Finally purchased an exercise bike for the same price as a high end trainer. Good times in the basement ahead for me too now :-) Be the bike....